Intern: Software Engineer - Data Integration
- Job Description:
This position involves the development of data ingest, processing and visualization for projects under the Office of the Secretary of Defense’s Human Social Cultural Behavioral (HSCB) modeling program that involves bridging doctrine and social science knowledge to support modeling and simulation, training, and tactical decision-aid applications. As part of the Milcord team, you will be involved in writing software to improve both quantity and quality of content of data by automating the processes of information cultivation and data gathering. Candidate will contribute to the development of high-quality software in the domains of dynamic planning, constraint satisfaction, and geospatial intelligence. Knowledge of international relations and/or social science is a plus.
- Design and create automated ETL systems
- Comfortable working with structured and semi-structured data.
- Experience automating the parsing, manipulation, normalization, import and export of data.
- SQL programming experience
- Experience with Java, familiarity with the Java ecosystem (Apache Commons, Servlets, testing frameworks)
- U.S. citizenship, or Permanent Visa
- Excellent writing and communication skills, familiarity with knowledge management tools, be able to meet deadlines, multi-task, and thrive in a collaborative environment
- Creative ability to problem solve challenges facing this domain
How to Apply
Principals email firstname.lastname@example.org resume, cover letter, a portfolio of publications and/or software projects (source code, and executable software, or screen shots, or link to a publicly available web site) that will enable us evaluate your communication skills and programming proficiency, and/or a writing sample. If not a US citizen, provide your visa status. Milcord participates in the U. S. Department of Homeland Security E-Verify system.