Software Engineer - Data
- Job Description:
Milcord is seeking a self-motivated Software Engineer to contribute to research and development projects for modeling, simulation, planning, decision aid and training applications. In the semantic Web domain, you will write software to improve both quantity and quality of content of data by automating the processes of information cultivation and data gathering. In the machine learning domain, you will contribute to the development of high-quality software for dynamic planning, constraint satisfaction, and geospatial intelligence. Knowledge of international relations and/or social science domains is a plus. Start date is flexible.
- PHP for web development. MediaWiki a plus.
- Experience with Java, familiarity with the Java ecosystem (Apache Commons, Servlets, testing frameworks).
- Comfortable working with structured and semi-structured data.
- Experience automating the parsing, manipulation, normalization, import and export of data.
- Shell scripting a plus.
- Background in probability theory and statistics, understanding in AI and machine learning algorithms, preferably also in constraint programming for planning and scheduling.
- U.S. citizenship, or Permanent Visa.
- Excellent communication skills, familiarity with knowledge management tools, be deadline driven, multi-task, and thrive in a collaborative environment.
- Creative ability to problem solve challenges facing this domain.
How to Apply
Principals email email@example.com resume, cover letter, a portfolio of publications and/or software projects (source code, and executable software, or screen shots, or link to a publicly available web site) that will enable us evaluate your communication skills and programming proficiency, and/or a writing sample. If not a US citizen, provide your visa status. Milcord participates in the U. S. Department of Homeland Security E-Verify system